- Event Date November 17, 2017
By appointment only – Call to schedule an appointment for the November 17 developmental screening at District 97.
Oak Park Elementary School District 97 provides Early Childhood Special Education programs for eligible children, age 3-5. Services include developmental screenings and evaluations for program eligibility.
Developmental screenings, for children age 3-5 who are living in Oak Park, are free and by appointment only.
Children are screened in the areas of communication, social/emotional development, cognition, motor skills, hearing, and vision, in compliance with federal law. Further evaluations are also completed for children as determined by screening results.
If you are concerned about your child’s development:
Call Oak Park Elementary School District 97, 708-524-3032, for details about screening and to schedule an appointment.
You might also like to read:
- Watch and Help Me Grow, which provides a timeline of when children generally learn new skills (crawling, talking, grabbing, etc.).
- Is My Child’s Development on Track?
- The Developmental Referral and Services Directory pages 6-25 for more information about the screening and evaluation process and contact information for other towns.
- Early Intervention information for families.