If You Cannot Afford Child Care

If you cannot afford long-term child care, Action for Children can help (312-823-1100). This state agency oversees an assistance program for low-income working families. Action for Children will send you the necessary application forms if your family qualifies.

For a list of scholarships and reduced cost activities for activities such as local art/music/dance classes or museums, visit our Early Childhood Scholarships page.

Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

The Illinois Child Care Assistance Program makes it possible for families who qualify to receive financial assistance in paying for child care. Parents must meet the State of Illinois’ income and family size guidelines.
Illinois Action for Children can help families apply for CCAP.

Here is a list of centers in Oak Park and River Forest who accept CCAP payments. Some centers will also help you complete the CCAP application.

First United Church Nursery School

First United Church Nursery School offers a tuition assistance fund. Applications for assistance may be obtained from the school director and may be requested on the registration form.
Learn more about First United Church Nursery School.

Pilgrim Community Nursery School

Pilgrim Community Nursery School offers tuition assistance in the form of a partial scholarship. Information and scholarship applications may be obtained from the Director.
Learn more about Pilgrim Community Nursery School’s tuition assistance.