The Collaboration for Early Childhood is partnering with Oak Park School District 97’s Committee for Legislative Action, Intervention and Monitoring (C.L.A.I.M.) to co-sponsor an annual legislator discussion on November 2, 7:30-8:45 PM at Julian Middle School. The theme for this year’s event is “C.L.A.I.M. Your Voice: A Discussion about the Future of our Youth.”
Child care & early intervention providers and families are encouraged to attend. The event is open to the public.
- This is an opportunity to speak directly with your legislators;
- Discuss supporting the effective development of all children in our communities;
- Address issues and opportunities;
- Share with our legislators the programs and approaches that are successful;
- Take this opportunity to impact future legislation so that successful programs can continue and be implemented more broadly;
- Participants are asked to submit questions for legislators in advance, so they can be reviewed for clarity and to prevent overlap. (Email questions to email@example.com)
Scheduled legislators include Senator Don Harmon, Senator Kimberly Lightford, Representative La Shawn Ford and Representative Camille Lilly.
We invite you to join us for the discussion, which will feature brief presentations about topics impacting our youth. Our state legislators will also share their thoughts about these critical issues. At the end of the program, there will be a reception that is open to all attendees.
November 2, 7:30-9:00 PM
Percy Julian Middle School, Commons Area
426 S. Ridgeland Ave., Oak Park, IL 60302
(photo of 10/10/2013 legislative forum courtesy of La Risa Lynch via oakpark.com)