The news of a COVID-19 vaccine is filling people with hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
But at the same time COVID-19 infection rates are surging across the nation and here in Illinois. If you are an administrator or healthcare professional, please take care of yourself. Know the signs of compassion fatigue, moral injury, and burn-out. In the spring we created a webinar series called “Running on Empty: The Cost of Caring in the time of COVID-19.” Please view the full series below, and/or share with anyone in your network who might need this resource now. We encourage health administrators to view part three of the series to identify ways they can and should support healthcare staff. You can find all three webinars at the bottom of this page.
Our healthcare professionals are on the front lines doing the exhausting, and difficult work of caring for the most vulnerable. As we enter into this unique holiday season, we wanted to let our nurses, physicians and health care workers know that we appreciate and are thinking of you. If you are a healthcare professional, thank you for doing what you do every day. We hope the resources below will help you stay healthy both inside and out.
- The National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder provides guidance on managing healthcare providers’ stress associated with COVID-19.
- The American College of Physicians provides a one-hour webinar on addressing and supporting physician mental health during difficult times.
- The AAP released guidance for parents and clinicians on supporting children’s emotional and behavioral health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mental Health America provides mental health screening tools and resources to support mental well-being.
- NIHCM’s new infographic highlights the risk factors associated with loneliness and its impact on health and outlines key strategies to combat loneliness and social isolation.
- The DocAssist website has additional resources for providers and families and is updated as new information and resources become available.