What happened at L¡VE Café and Creative Space yesterday was a racist hate crime and we are heartbroken. We share your grief. We share your disbelief, and we share your anger and frustration.
Let’s hold each other up. Speak out. Listen. Show solidarity. Here are a few ways to send the clear message that racism is never tolerated in our community.
- Attend the vigil tonight at 5:00 p.m. at L¡VE Café.
- Speak out. Talk to your neighbors, your friends, and your family members. Make it clear that we reject racism in our community.
- Show your support on social media. Follow L¡VE Café and amplify their voice.
- Talk to your kids. Racism is learned behavior. Need guidance on starting the conversation? PBS Kids offers some helpful pointers, and CNN and Sesame Street’s recent Standing Up to Racism Town Halls are great, too.
- Leave an awesome review of L¡VE Café and Creative Space. You can leave a review via their Facebook Page, on Yelp, or through their business listing on Google.
Let’s keep fighting for a welcoming community where everyone can thrive, and where anyone can run for office, no matter who they are or what they look like.