April 3-7, 2022 is Week of the Young Child, a time when we celebrate the importance of early childhood and the families, educators, and advocates who support these important years in a child’s life. Each day of the week highlights a different way to play. This year, Wonder Works Children’s Museum has programming for every day’s theme, and we are super excited to partner with them on it. The Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday events are completely free, but require registration. The Monday and Thursday events are included with the cost of museum admission.
Check Out the Daily Themes and Programming:
- April 3, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Music Monday: Interactive Concert Featuring members of the Symphony of Oak Park & River Forest – Join Symphony of Oak Park & River Forest violinists Cheryl Flinn and Judy Meredith to see live music. Shake shakers and wave scarves along to children’s songs, and then hear a classical music performance. This Music Monday program ends with an “Instrument Petting Zoo” to allow kids to touch instruments and make music with them! This program is included with the cost of museum admission.
- April 4, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Tasty Tuesday: Make Your Own Focaccia Dough – Young chefs six and under can learn how yeast works as they make their own focaccia dough with Schoolhouse Kitchen and Studio! They will then explore fresh veggies to decorate their dough to be baked at home. Sign up for a timeslot to create your focaccia and play at Wonder Works Children’s museum for FREE! Register for Tasty Tuesday here.
- April 5, 4:00-6:00 p.m. – Work Together Wednesday: May There Always Be Us – Video Premier and Drawing Activity! – Join us for a fun evening working together to draw our wishes for what we hope there will always be. First, attend the world premiere of our Jim Gill Music Video, featuring drawings from children in local communities. After viewing the video, child(ren) can create their own drawing and play for FREE at Wonder Works! Register for Work Together Wednesday here.
- April 6, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Arty Thursday: Join Slowfire Ceramics for a guided craft activity in honor of Arty Thursday. Stay tuned for more details as the week progresses! This program is included with the cost of museum admission.
- April 7, 4:00-6:00 p.m. – Family Friday: Build Your Own Obstacle Course Using Everyday Materials – Join Kids Unlimited Therapy Services to learn how to build your own obstacle course with every day materials. Have fun, get moving and play for free at Wonder Works Children’s Museum. It’s a great way to kick off the weekend and close out the Week of the Young Child programming! Register for Family Friday here.