Educator & Provider Resources
Below, peruse a mix of resources for your own professional growth and to help you support the families and children that you work with.
Professional Development & Training Opportunities
Informational Documents and Articles about Sensory Processing
- Uncovering the Biological Basis for Sensory Processing Disorders
- Sensory Processing Issues Explained
- The Debate Over Sensory Processing
- What is Sensory Defensiveness? [PDF]
- What Is Sensory Processing Disorder? [PDF]
- The Effects of Infant and Maternal Sensory Processing on Infant Fussing, Crying, and Sleep [PDF]
- The Development of Sensory Over-responsivity From Infancy to Elementary School [PDF]
- References for Sensory Processing [PDF]
Books on Sensory Processing
- Sensory Integration and the Child
- Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight
- The Out-of-Sync Child
- Sensational Kids
- Understanding Your Child’s Sensory Signals
Online Resource Centers for Sensory Processing Disorder
Supporting Children with Disabilities and Developmental Delays
Support a strong start and a bright future.
We champion high-quality early childhood care and learning experiences and support for families so all children develop their full potential.