Parenting Resource Program
The Collaboration for Early Childhood’s Parenting Resource Program (PRP) brings together community partners to connect families with early childhood information, resources, and parenting workshops. The Parenting Resource Program is run by the Parenting Resource Program Committee.
This group of community partners drives the Collaboration for Early Childhood’s Family Engagement work, which includes:
- The Parenting Resource Program Newsletter. The Parenting Resource Program Newsletter is designed for parents and caregivers and shares upcoming events from around the community, quick links to parenting resources, and opportunities for families to get connected to additional support if they need it. Browse our PRP Newsletter archive.
- The Early Childhood Resource Fair. This annual event is a space for families of young children to learn about the wide variety of resources and supports available for Oak Park and River Forest families. In 2020, the Early Childhood Resource Fair went virtual.
- Child Care Meet & Greet: Held in the spring, the Child Care Meet & Greet gives families an opportunity to learn more about local child care options.
- Monthly Parent Workshops: These are fun and informative ways for parents to learn new skills and connect with other parents. Topics include potty training, cooking healthy, and how to nurture a peaceful family. See what parent workshops are happening this month.
- The Parenting Resource Program Community Calendar: The calendar below compiles events for families with young children from across the community.
To access online resources for parents, visit the Collaboration for Early Childhood’s Parent Resource Library or visit the Parenting Resource Program’s Family Engagement video collection. To get connected to additional parent supports, complete the form at the bottom of this page, and we will be in touch with you.
Looking for More Information?
Be your child's first and most important teacher.