Text Messages to Boost your Child’s Learning!
The Collaboration for Early Childhood offers Ready4K to all parents and caregivers in Oak Park and River Forest. Anyone can sign up!
What is Ready4K?
Ready4K is a research-based text messaging program that sparks everyday learning moments without relying on the internet. It takes everyday routines and turns them into learning moments.
Why did we start offering Ready4K?
The 2016 Parenting Resource Program Recommendations and Strategic Framework Report gave the Collaboration and our partners the earliest glimpse into family needs. During the pandemic we worked with our local child care programs and early childhood community partners to help them continue to meet the needs of their families while we were all adjusting to learning at home. We chose Ready4K because it is easy to follow and gives parents ongoing encouragement and support. Each week, parents receive age-appropriate facts, easy tips and opportunities for growth to boost their child’s learning by building on existing family routines. Messages are offered in multiple languages and go straight to your mobile device.
Why should parents and caregivers sign up for Ready4K?
How frequent are the Ready4K messages?
Texts are sent 3x a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and include a fact, a tip, and a opportunity for growth. Data and text messaging rates may apply. You can choose to stop receiving Ready4K texts at any time by texting STOP to 70138.
More Information about Ready4K
- Text messages are available in 6 languages: Arabic, English, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
- Enroll as young as one month. Messages will change as your child continues to grow and develop.
- Texts are sent 3x a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Data and text messaging rates may apply. You can choose to stop receiving Ready4K texts at any time by texting STOP to 70138.
Hear what parents in Oak Park and River Forest are saying about Ready4K:
“[My favorite Ready4K activity has been] pointing out recurring simple words in stories like ‘to’ and ‘for’ and then touching our noses when we see them.”
“The texts help remind me to be more thoughtful about how I communicate with [my children].”
“They are simple suggestions that really promote child development…or even help me realize how much she has changed in certain areas or what we can work on.”
- Text messages to boost your child’s learning – Ready4K – Parent Flyer – English
- Mensajes de texto para las familias Ready4K – Parent Flyer – Español
- Tin nhắn văn bản để tăng cường việc học tập của con bạn Ready4K – Parent Flyer – Vietnamese
- 促进您孩子学习的短信。Ready4K – Parent Flyer – Chinese/中文
- Ready4K – Parent Flyer – Arabic
- Текстовые сообщения, направленные на развитие вашего ребенка Ready4K – Parent Flyer – Russian
Looking for More Information?
Be your child's first and most important teacher.