Getting a Developmental Screening for Your Child
If you would like to schedule a developmental screening for your child, there are a few different ways you can do that:
- Your Child’s Pediatrician. Not only will your child’s doctor be able to help you understand where your child is developmentally, they can also give you helpful advice on how to continue to support your child’s healthy development or refer you to any appropriate early intervention services.
- Your Child’s Early Learning Program. Here in Oak Park and River Forest, many early learning programs administer developmental screenings through the Collaboration for Early Childhood Developmental Screening Project. You can see a list of participating programs here.
- Your Local School District. For children ages 3-5, your local school district can support you with any questions you may have. You can find a list of local school districts and contact information here.
- Your Local Child and Family Connections Office. You may wish to contact your local Child and Family Connections (CFC) office directly. They can help determine if your child is eligible for early intervention services, and help you get those services. To find your local CFC office, visit our Developmental Referral and Services Directory and click on “Early Intervention.” If you are an Oak Park resident, your Child and Family Connections Office is CFC 7.
- Contact us. Reach out to us here at the Collaboration for Early Childhood about any early childhood questions, including how to get a developmental screening. We can let you know of any upcoming developmental screening in the community. We can also connect you to community resources and additional services that may help you.
Call us at 708-613-6122 or email us at email@example.com. We are happy to talk with you about any questions or concerns that you might have.
Support a strong start and a bright future.
We champion high-quality early childhood care and learning experiences and support for families so all children develop their full potential.